CMMI-Capability Maturity Model Integration.
The Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) helps organizations streamline process improvement, encouraging a productive, efficient culture that decreases risks in software, product and service development.
Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process level improvement training and appraisal program. Administered by the CMMI Institute, a subsidiary of ISACA, it was developed at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). CMMI defines the following maturity levels for processes: Initial, Managed, Defined, Quantitatively Managed, and Optimizing.
Version 2.0 was published in 2018. CMMI is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by CMU.
- Fewer training hours and streamlined knowledge transfer to new workers.
- Better product quality fueled by a lower number of defects.
- Increased efficiency tied to consistency across business units.
- Improved program insight, control and tracking.
- A reduction in re-work and re-planning.
- Higher customer satisfaction.Cost Saving.